“I’m going to build every piece of furniture in my house.”
I remember saying those words quite a few years ago. And maybe it’s because I’ve never really had the opportunity – not enough space, not the right tools, etc. or maybe it’s because the goal that I set for myself stressed me the hell out, but I hadn’t built a darn thing except for that wagon I built Audrey around the holidays in 2017.
However, mid last year, we moved yet again and I finally had the space and the ability to acquire the tools to start building.
So I went big.
Especially because I didn’t want to eat Thanksgiving dinner on my couch. That’s where my real motivation lies. In food.
After searching on Pinterest for what seemed like years (but was really only months), I finally decided that I loved the look of this Farmhouse X Base Table. However, I was trying to limit the amount of tools that I needed for my first project, so I didn’t like the fact that I had to rip 2×10’s down to 8″ for the top, requiring me to purchase a circular saw. And I also didn’t necessarily need a slim design – I have plenty of space. So, I went back to the drawing board, and settle on combining two designs. The base of the X base table, and the top to this DIY Farmhouse Kitchen Table.
And although this by no means looks professional, I couldn’t be happier with the end result.
So, now that I have the largest piece of furniture finished, I’m reading to complete my dining room. And here’s my plan for the design:
1. While these may not be the exact hostess chairs that I purchase, I absolutely love the style. I got the inspiration as I was scrolling through Pinterest and saw a Target add that featured a farmhouse table with a bit more “classy” looking chairs, as opposed to just plain ole wood.
2. I have a black thumb. Plain and simple. But this tough plant likes it on the dryer side (you know, for those times I forget to water), and prefers indirect sunlight. Perfect for getting a little greenery inside!
3. I’m imagining black and white prints of famous landmarks from around the world would look dreamy in these.
4. I am SO over square dinnerware, but I am absolutely in love with the classic and clean look of this set.
5. I’ve wanted to change up my flatware for a while now, and what better way to change it up then to go black.
6. This bench looks so stinking comfortable!
7. I love a good jute rug and think this one would look perfect in the dining room.
8. No matter how many times I try to get away from a gold bar cart to keep the room from being too “fancy” looking, I can’t help but to go right back to one. I’m literally day dreaming of this gold bar cart over here.
9. I’ve been having a difficult time finding a tablecloth that fits the table how I want it to. However, this table runner in flax is absolutely perfect. In size. And color.
10. Remember in #2 when I said I had a black thumb? These peonies come in three different colors and are perfect for those who can’t seem to keep a plant alive to save their life.
11. I LOVE these dining chairs in Glacier and regardless if I purchase any of the other style chairs, these are definitely on my must-buy list! However, I think they compliment both the Sandstone color in the hostess chairs and the Oyster color in the bench.
So, there you have it. My design for my dining room. I’m really excited to bring all of these elements together to make this house more of a home!