All I want for Christmas is a Tiffany bow ring.
Unfortunately, Tiffany anything is way out of my price range this holiday season.
So what do I do when I can’t afford something?
I make it myself.
And now I’m officially bow obsessed!
The great thing about this tutorial is that it can be made by anyone, so I put it down below. I didn’t even have to use jewelry making tools which was great because I wanted to keep the costs as low as possible. And really, who wants to purchase ten new items to make one single thing?
Also, sense my exaggeration there, I wouldn’t have really needed TEN new items, but this way I didn’t need to purchase anything.
So, if you’re feeling crafty, give it a go.
- Wire (16 gauge)
- nail polish (for the round top)
- crochet hook (I used I/9-5.5 mm)
- Start with about 6″ of wire (my wire is copper colored)
- Wrap the wire around the top of a nail polish bottle (or chapstick – really whatever object is round and relatively the same size)
- With the pliers, grab the bottom and wrap it around the crochet hook
- Next, grab the top wire and wrap around the crochet hook
- Adjust your wire so the loops are fairly even
- Take the end of the left loop, and wrap it around the center, through the ring.
- Trim the ends with of the wire
- If your wire ends are sharp, file down (I used the grinder on my dremel tool for this)
You can wear your ring however you want, but I favor wearing mine on my middle finger. Although, I’m totally down with sporting one on each finger like I am in the photo above. They’re just that cute!
And guessss what?
On the third day of Christmas gifts, I’m giving to you:
one wire bow ring
So – don’t forget to enter the giveaway!